Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Little More From Spain

our weekends have started to evolve around cooking. and we don't mind it at all. chris loves having spainish food in our home. it has reminded him how much he misses spain. our house is filled with aromas that we are not used to and it truly is wonderful. this weekend we made our version of sangria which is a spainsh punch (but we x the alcohol). along with that we made huevos a la flamenca (baked eggs) and one of chris's favorite tapas, empanads de atun (tuna empanadas). again we lost ourselves in the kitchen and i have to say it was a bit romantic.










5 comments:

  1. wow all those look amazing! You should post some recipes or at least the source of where you got your recipes. When you were in NY did you ever eat at Pipa's the restaurant in the ABC home store? totally spanish and one of my favs but they were always serving that drink and I was always so jealous that I couldnt partake....what is in yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I would have loved to have tasted some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN! I can't show my husband this post because he would be extremely jealous. Our meals consist of frozen chicken or maybe mac and cheese. But I'm working on it ;).

    You guys are darling. So glad we can keep in touch via blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. speaking of a spanish night....I came across these stunning photographs of a wedding done spanish style and I fell in love... you should click on over and fall in love as well

    http://leopatronephotography.blogspot.com/2008/12/brian-and-andreas-wedding-balboa-park.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing the website beth! i loved the table settings! thanks for the recommendation to go to pipa's we are headed to ny next month- we will have to try it! our sangria was basically fresh squeezed juices oranges, lemons, strawberries, pomegranite, natural sugar and a mixture of fruit for garnish and to eat of course!!!

    ReplyDelete