Sunday, February 22, 2009

More Paella

chris's parents have been in town so we had them over for a spanish dinner. the paella and potato tortilla was great last time but this batch was mouth watering! for the paella i added more saffron (the spice that tints the rice yellow), more chicken stock, more bomba rice and threw in some baby scallops. i tired to be as festive as i could by filling our cd carriers with flamenco music, using red and yellow (spanish colors) table linens and spreading out an assortment of olives and manchego cheese (cheese of spain) to munch on. we are liking this whole cooking thing and even better the company to enjoy it with. cheers!



p.s. the cook book that we have been using is on sale here.

2 comments:

  1. how great that you were able to share your wonderful cooking with Chris's parents! I wish I was done there to try some of this cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMPRESSIVE! I have been married for almost ten years and have yet to cook a meal like that! I almost needed a dictionary to look up your food lingo. :) Can I take cooking lessons from you?!?

    ReplyDelete