Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HELP!

so i walk outside this morning to take ralph out and i find this helpless baby birdie lying on the cement! what do i do? i could not find a nest anywhere! i figure another bird tried to eat it and dropped on the ground. i picked it up and is now in a small box with tissues surrrounding it under a lamp to keep warm. i called the wildlife rescue of arizona and they haven't called me back. what can i do to keep it alive? the baby is totally breathing and opening up its mouth. i refuse to toss it out... it's still alive! anyone have any advice??!!

3 comments:

  1. I had a similar experience happen to me but I was sadly unable to save it. I hope you have better luck. I just Googled What to feed a baby bird it said that 9 out of 10x the parents won't abandon it, unless the parents were caught be a predator. So you can make a nest and set it in a shrub and if the parents don't come in 2 hours then you should start feeding it. You could get one of Ralph's dog bones break it up in water and syringe feed it. It needs to be room temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I would also suggest making a mush from Ralph's food or of bread and water and using either a syringe or eye dropper. Maybe start with water first? And from what I hear they need to eat quite frequently. I hope you find something that works. I wonder what kinda of bird it will turn out to be? I would guess Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your're right. It doesn't look like a bird.

    ReplyDelete